For those seeking an adventure on the water, a North Myrtle Beach fishing charter is a must-do experience. The thrill of reeling in a big catch while surrounded by the stunning scenery of the Atlantic Ocean is unmatched. Fishing charters offer the perfect opportunity to relax, unwind, and enjoy the great outdoors. Whether you’re an avid angler or a beginner, the experienced captains and crew will make sure you have a fun and memorable day on the water. With a variety of fishing options available, including inshore, offshore, and deep sea fishing, there’s something for everyone. So pack your sunscreen, grab your fishing gear, and get ready to reel in the fun on a North Myrtle Beach fishing charter.
Why choose a fishing charter over other fishing options?
There are many different ways to go fishing in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, including from the beach, pier, or your own boat. However, fishing charters offer several advantages over these other options.
First and foremost, fishing charters provide access to deeper waters where bigger fish are more likely to be found. They also have more advanced equipment and technology, such as fish finders and GPS systems, to help locate fish. Additionally, fishing charters provide experienced captains and crew who know the local waters and can help you catch more fish.
Another advantage of fishing charters is that they take care of all the logistics, such as obtaining fishing licenses and providing bait and tackle. This means you can focus on the fun part of fishing without worrying about the details.
What to expect on a North Myrtle Beach fishing charter
When you book a fishing charter in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, you can expect a full day of fishing fun. Charters typically last 4-8 hours and can accommodate up to 6 people, depending on the size of the boat.
The captain and crew will take care of all the preparations, including filling the cooler with ice and baiting hooks. Once you’re on the water, they’ll navigate to the best fishing spots and provide guidance on how to catch the most fish.
Most fishing charters provide all the necessary equipment, including rods, reels, and tackle. However, you may want to bring your own gear if you have specific preferences or are more comfortable with your own equipment.
Types of fish you can catch on a North Myrtle Beach fishing charter
North Myrtle Beach is home to a wide variety of fish that can be caught on a fishing charter. Some of the most common species include:
- Red drum
- Speckled Sea Trout
- King Mackerel
- Spanish mackerel
- Black Sea Bass
The type of fish you can catch will depend on the time of year and the location of the charter. Inshore, and nearshore charters tend to target species like red drum, flounder, trout, and sharks, while offshore and deep sea charters go after bigger game fish like grouper, snapper, mahi-mahi, and tuna.
Best time of year for fishing in North Myrtle Beach
The fishing season in North Myrtle Beach starts in the spring and extends through the fall. The best time to fish depends on the species you’re hoping to catch.
In the spring, red drum and flounder are most abundant. Summer is the best time for offshore and deep sea fishing, as mahi-mahi and tuna are more active. In the fall, you can catch a variety of species as they migrate south for the winter.
Tips for a successful fishing trip
To make the most of your North Myrtle Beach fishing charter, follow these tips:
- Dress appropriately for the weather and bring sunscreen.
- Listen to the captain and crew, who have the experience to help you catch more fish.
- Be patient and don’t get discouraged if you don’t catch anything right away.
- Bring a cooler to keep your catch fresh.
- Practice catch and release to help preserve the fish population.
What to bring on a North Myrtle Beach fishing charter
When packing for your fishing charter, it’s important to bring the essentials. Here’s a checklist of items you’ll want to bring:
- Jacket or sweatshirt (depending on the weather)
- Snacks and drinks
- Cooler (if you plan to keep your catch)
- Camera to capture the memories
Other activities to do in North Myrtle Beach for non-fishing companions
If you’re planning a fishing charter in North Myrtle Beach but have non-fishing companions, don’t worry. There are plenty of other activities to keep them entertained while you’re out on the water.
Some popular options include:
- Visiting the beach
- Shopping at the local boutiques and outlets
- Enjoying the local cuisine at restaurants and cafes
- Playing mini-golf or going to an amusement park
- Taking a dolphin-watching tour
Reviews and testimonials from past customers
Don’t just take our word for it – here are some reviews from past customers who have gone on fishing charters in North Myrtle Beach:
- “We had an amazing day on the water with Captain Keith Logan and his crew. They were knowledgeable, and friendly, and helped us catch more fish than we could count. Highly recommend!”
- “I’ve been on several fishing charters in different locations, but this was by far the best. The captain was professional and the boat was clean and comfortable. Can’t wait to come back!”
- “My kids had a blast on our fishing charter. The captain and mate were patient and helpful, and we caught some great fish. Definitely a highlight of our vacation.”
Conclusion and why you should book a North Myrtle Beach fishing charter today.
A North Myrtle Beach fishing charter is the perfect way to spend a day on the water while enjoying the beautiful scenery and catching some great fish. With experienced captains and crew, top-of-the-line equipment, and a variety of fishing options, there’s something for everyone. Book your fishing charter today and get ready to reel in the fun!