Nestled on the Atlantic coast of South Carolina, Myrtle Beach is a haven for beach-goers and fishing enthusiasts alike. While the beaches are undoubtedly the main attraction, the city is also home to some of the best fishing charters in the country. If you’re looking to explore Myrtle Beach’s best-kept secret, look no further than these top fishing charters that are a must-book for any angler. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or just starting out, these charters offer a unique experience that will leave you with unforgettable memories. From deep sea fishing to inshore excursions, there’s something for everyone. So pack your sunscreen, grab your fishing gear, and get ready for an adventure of a lifetime!
Why Myrtle Beach is a great location for fishing charters
Myrtle Beach is one of the most popular vacation spots in the United States, and for good reason. The city boasts beautiful beaches, a vibrant nightlife, and a plethora of outdoor activities. But one of the best reasons to visit Myrtle Beach is for the fishing. The city is located on the Atlantic coast, which means it’s surrounded by some of the best fishing waters in the country.
Whether you’re looking to catch a trophy fish or just enjoy a relaxing day on the water, Myrtle Beach has something for everyone. The inshore waters are teeming with flounder, redfish, and speckled trout, while the offshore waters are home to large game fish like tuna, mahi-mahi, and marlin. With so much variety, it’s no wonder that Myrtle Beach is a top destination for fishing charters.
Benefits of booking a fishing charter
Booking a fishing charter is the best way to experience the fishing in Myrtle Beach. Here are some of the benefits of booking a fishing charter:
- Expert guidance: Fishing charters are led by experienced captains who know the waters like the back of their hands. They can take you to the best fishing spots and provide expert guidance on how to catch the biggest fish.
- All-inclusive experience: Most fishing charters provide all the equipment you need, including rods, reels, bait, and tackle. This means you don’t have to worry about bringing your own gear or buying supplies.
- Safety first: Fishing charters prioritize safety above all else. They are equipped with all the necessary safety equipment, and the captains are trained to handle any emergency situation that may arise.
- No hassle: Booking a fishing charter is hassle-free. You don’t have to worry about navigating the waters or finding the perfect fishing spot. The captain takes care of everything, so all you have to do is sit back, relax, and enjoy the experience.
Top Myrtle Beach fishing charters and their specialties
There are many fishing charters to choose from in Myrtle Beach, but here are some of the top ones and their specialties:
North Myrtle Beach Deep Sea Fishing & Dolphin Cruises
This charter is perfect for those looking to catch large game fish like tuna, mahi-mahi, and marlin. The charter boats are equipped with state-of-the-art fishing equipment and offers half-day, full-day, and overnight trips.
Low Country Fishing Charters
Low Country is known for its inshore fishing trips, which target flounder, redfish, and speckled trout. They also offer shark fishing trips for those looking for a more adrenaline-fueled experience.
North Myrtle Beach Fishing Charters
What to expect on a fishing charter
A typical fishing charter lasts around four to eight hours, depending on the type of trip you book. Here’s what you can expect on a fishing charter:
1. Meet your captain: Your captain will greet you when you arrive and give you a rundown of the trip. They’ll also ask about your experience level and what type of fish you’re hoping to catch.
2. Board the boat: Once you board the boat, the captain will give you a safety briefing and go over the fishing equipment.
3. Head to the fishing spot: The captain will take you to the best fishing spot for the type of fish you want to catch.
4. Start fishing: Once you arrive at the fishing spot, the captain will help you set up your gear and bait your hook. Then, it’s time to cast your line and start reeling in the fish.
5. Enjoy the experience: Fishing charters are as much about the experience as they are about catching fish. Take in the beautiful scenery, enjoy the fresh ocean air, and spend time with your friends and family.
Tips for a successful fishing trip
Here are some tips to help you have a successful fishing trip:
- Dress appropriately: Make sure you dress for the weather and wear comfortable shoes that won’t slip on the boat.
- Pack snacks and drinks: Most fishing charters will provide water, but it’s always a good idea to bring your own snacks and drinks.
- Listen to your captain: Your captain is the expert, so listen to their advice on how to catch the most fish.
- Be patient: Fishing is not always easy, so be patient and enjoy the experience, even if you don’t catch anything.
- Respect the environment: Always follow the fishing regulations and take care not to harm the environment or the fish.
Fishing regulations and licensing requirements
Before you book a fishing charter, it’s important to be aware of the fishing regulations and licensing requirements in Myrtle Beach. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Fishing license: All anglers over the age of 16 must have a valid South Carolina fishing license.
- Bag limits: There are bag limits for certain types of fish, so be sure to check the regulations before you go.
- Catch and release: Some charters practice catch and release, which means you’ll release the fish back into the water after catching them.
- Protected species: Certain species of fish are protected, so be sure to check the regulations before you go fishing.
Best times of year for fishing in Myrtle Beach
The best time to go fishing in Myrtle Beach depends on the type of fish you want to catch. Here are some general guidelines:
- Inshore fishing: Inshore fishing is best from March to December when the water is warmer and the fish are more active.
- Offshore fishing: Offshore fishing is best from April to November when the water is calmer and the larger game fish are more abundant.
- Shark fishing: Shark fishing is best from June to September when the water is warmer and the sharks are more active.
How to book a fishing charter in Myrtle Beach
Booking a fishing charter in Myrtle Beach is easy. Most charters have websites where you can book online, or you can call the charter directly to make a reservation. Here are some things to keep in mind when booking a charter:
1. Type of trip: Decide what type of trip you want to take, whether it’s inshore, nearshore, deep sea, Gulf stream, offshore, or shark fishing.
2. Group size: Make sure you book a charter that can accommodate your group size.
3. Cost: Be aware of the cost of the charter and any additional fees, such as gratuity.
Conclusion and final thoughts on Myrtle Beach fishing charters.
Myrtle Beach is a top destination for fishing charters, with a variety of options for anglers of all levels. Whether you’re looking to catch a trophy fish or just enjoy a relaxing day on the water, Myrtle Beach has something for everyone. With expert guidance, all-inclusive experiences, and beautiful scenery, booking a North Myrtle Beach Fishing Charter is the best way to experience fishing in Myrtle Beach. So pack your sunscreen, grab your fishing gear, and get ready for an adventure of a lifetime!